Friday, September 14, 2007
Chocolate "Brownie" Cookies
2 cups unbleached bread flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ cups (2 sticks plus 4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temp. (don't microwave!)
2 cups sugar, plus more for dipping
2 large eggs
2 tsps vanilla extract
1. Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat butter, sugar, and eggs on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add vanilla, mix to combine.
4. Gradually add flour mixture, and combine on low speed.
5. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
6. Heat oven to 350.
7. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Dip top of each ball into sugar. Place on baking sheets about 1 ½ inches apart.
8. Bake until set, about 8 minutes.
9. Cool on baking sheets for 8 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
They were very soft and prone to falling apart while they were still hot, but once they cooled the texture was just right.
This is not an original recipe. To see the original go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruthieki/97979776/in/set-1209208/