Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Daddy's Chicken and Rice Casserole



When my husband is stressed I make this casserole. When I want to make a special comfort meal I make this casserole. When anyone in my family needs extra love and attention I make this casserole. This is a basic comfort meal. It has chopped broccoli so it is an easy way to get my children to eat vegetables. Because of the different ingredients this meal is often served by itself and sometimes with rolls. The past several days different ones in our family have had stomach aches. So tonight I thought I would make again some comfort in a bowl. It was well received add a Disney movie and it was like taking medicine.

Daddy's Chicken and Rice Casserole

This is my husbands favorite casserole. His mother made this for him as a child.

In a casserole dish layer

1 box of chopped broccoli stemmed in chicken broth

2 cups of rice cooked in chicken broth

2 Chicken Breast boiled and shredded. ( Use the broth for the rice and broccoli)

Top with sliced mozzarella cheese

Top the cheese with Cream of mushroom soup

Bake at 350 until top is golden brown and bubbly

No comments: