Tuesday, November 27, 2007

An All Natural or Organic Thanksgiving


I know this post is a little late. I wanted everyone to know that for Thanksgiving this year most all the ingredients were organic. I was curious to see how it would all taste and if anyone would know the difference. The verdict is in and the answer is yes. The sweet potatoes were amazing. The sweet potatoes were "sweet" without adding any sugar. The most notable difference was the Turkey. It was fun to watch the men in my family walk by and sneak a nibble of the Turkey. All of the men and yes it was unanimous said "WOW" the Turkey is wonderful or amazing. My father still is saying " I don't think I have ever eaten a Turkey like that". Thank you to Fresh Market for two wonderful Turkey's. The dressing was very fresh tasting. I used organic vegetables and organic chicken broth. The potatoes in the mashed potatoes were organic and are my husbands favorite mashed potates. The casseroles and cakes were made with organic sugar. I will say the meal was expensive but the taste was wonderful. Of course there was almost no Asparagus left over. My entire family ate just about all of it.

No comments: