Friday, July 4, 2008

Li'l cheddar meat loaves

I have never liked meat loaf until now. My friend shared this recipe with me and its delicious. I make the loaves into small palm sized logs. Each log is one serving. My children will eat this very well and we usually end up with very little left overs.

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1 pound lean ground beef ( i used a little more)(I make this out of ground turkey)
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon mustard

In a bowl, beat the egg and milk, Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt. Add Beef and mix well. Shape into mini loaves; place in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish. combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 min or until the meat is no longer pink.

No comments: