Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Gift





Recently my mother passed away. These are some of her beautiful flowers. I took pictures of them because they remind me of her. She was full of life and so beautiful. During the days preceding her death I received several kind words from friends.

I'm praying for you

Look for God's hand in this

You will know who your friends are

But one of my most favorite came from my former pastor's wife. Sister Mooney had sent me a sweet email saying how sorry she was about my mom. The email ended with a sweet comment. There's nothing like a mom. The more I have thought about it the more that statement sticks in my mind. Raising my own children and watching the importance of our role in their lives and reflecting on my own childhood. I have realized that its true in so many ways "There is nothing like a mom".

No comments: