Monday, October 22, 2007
Jane's Pasta with Lemon Butter Sauce
In honor of a good friend and with her help this recipe was created. This is my dear friends favorite meal at a local Italian restaurant. I decided to see if I could duplicate her favorite meal. This meal received great reviews from my family. My oldest child decided she likes mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes which is a big deal. My husband is taking the leftovers to work and has requested to have this meal again. I guess we have a winner.
bow tie pasta
sun dried tomatoes
grilled chicken or shrimp
lemon butter sauce
cook pasta according to package directions
Saute mushrooms and pine nuts in olive oil
Add spinach and allow to wilt
make lemon butter sauce combine all ingredients.
Lemon Butter Sauce
4 ounces lemon juice
2 ounces white grape juice
4 ounces heavy cream
1 lb Butter
1. To make the sauce: Heat the lemon juice and white wine in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce by one-third.
3. Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (3-4 minutes).
4. Slowly add butter until completely incorporated.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove from heat and keep warm.
7. Cook pasta and drain.
combine lemon juice, wine in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low and whisk in the butter, two-tablespoons at a time. Let each addition of butter melt before adding the next. Season with salt and pepper.