Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Chicken and Rice Casserole



This is my husbands favorite casserole. His mother made this for him as a child.

In a casserole dish layer

1 box of chopped broccoli stemmed in chicken broth
2 cups of rice cooked in chicken broth
2 Chicken Breast boiled and shredded. ( Use the broth for the rice and broccoli)
Top with sliced mozzarella cheese
Top the cheese with Cream of mushroom soup
Bake at 350 until top is golden brown and bubbly

This is a good use for leftover roasted chicken

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Made this last night, used broccoli spears and chopped them myself, used Mexican shredded cheese because that's all I had, and made cream of chicken soup from Tammys recipes instead of cream of mushroom. Everyone in my family gobbled it up, even my 9 month old couldn't get enough of the rice. Barely enough left to save.
Thanks for an easy, good for you, delicious recipe.